October 21, 2018 / Church of Sts. Of the Trinity in Gdansk
Chamber choir 441 Hz
Goldberg Baroque Ensemble
cond. Alina Ratkowska
Andrzej Szadejko – organs
About the composition:
Cantata for choir, chamber ensemble of baroque or contemporary instruments and organ. The texts are taken from St. Francis of Assisi and from Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy.
Five movements punctuated by solo organ preludes are titled: Life, Work, Money, Woman, Death. Text excerpts are taken from the following writings:
- Part One – Life, from Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, Paradise, Song 11,
- Part Two – Work, from the writings of St. Francis, Testament,
- Part Three – Money, from The Regula Bullata, Chapter 4, 5,
- Part Four – Woman, from Another Approved Rule,
- Part Five: Death, from the Letter to the Faithful, first edition.
The song is sung in Polish and conveys texts about man – his duties, limitations, and end.
Duration about 30 minutes.
Order the materials: PWM Edition